Goody GumDrops

Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Chocolate


I forgot to post about this when I went, I was too busy writing about my first trip to the Cocoa Bean. On that same day, my friend and I went to a place called The Chocolate. Now, with a name like that you would assume they'd make specialty chocolates and truffles and things like that, but no. It's a bakery. A uniqueish bakery. Random first impression when walking into the cafe: wow, what a low doorknob. Seriously, the doorknob was WAY low. Then the first smell you get when you walk inside...not baked goods, but old mothball lady smell (to be fair it IS a really old building). They have cute little set ups in different rooms so you can sit and chat with friends whilst enjoying your goodies, but we didn't take advantage, we were full from cupcakes, and it seemed like too much indulging to get treats there too and consume them (along with it being a bit pricey). I did buy a cannoli though, since I've never had one before and had been randomly craving them since I was pregnant, plus they looked yummy (and had a chocolate drizzle on top with crushed pistachios on the ends).Since I don't have anything to compare it with, I'll just say it was really good and had the perfect ratio of creme filling to crispy shell to chocolate. I'm planning on trying more cannolis in the future so I can know where to get the best ones.

1 comment: