Goody GumDrops

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Chocolate WJ


My hubby was sweet enough to take me to The Chocolate in West Jordan on our way home from a disappointing Jazz game. He got a slice of The Cherub and I got a slice of The Brooklyn Blackout. The Cherub is a milk chocolate cake with yummy creamy frosting, the Brooklyn Blackout is Dark chocolate (my favorite) and the frosting was like fudge, it was so dense.
It's a little pricey there, but it's good quality cakes and they give you pretty big slices.
This location didn't have the 'old lady house' smell that the Orem location had, but it's in a cute little old house/cottage with a cute front door. I really want to go back soon and try some of their other tasty treats. So far they're 2 for 2!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I went there with my hubs too. He got the Husband cake. It was pretty yummy. I tried a canoli and a chocolate caramel baby cupcake. Both were great. I love the cute cottage setup. We also grabbed a fruit tart to take home, those are andy's favorite, unfortunately it wasn't that good. Kneaders still has the very best fruit tart.
I want to try the chocolate mint brownie and a sugar cookie next time.

Jer and Jules said...

I've never had the fruit tarts at Kneaders, but the ones at Elizabeth's tea shop are delicious!
And as far as I know, the canoli at The Chocolate are the best I've found.