Goody GumDrops

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Swirly Girls

Once again, I had a voucher for $15 of food for $7, this time it was to the Swirly Girls Bakery. I've been there before and wasn't impressed w/their cupcakes. This time I sent my husband by himself to pick up some breakfast pastries to see if they were any good. I was pleasantly surprised!
My husband brought home cinnamon rolls, glazed donuts, chocolate croissants, and the biggest lemon bars I have ever seen/eaten. Everything was delicious! The only negative thing I have to say is that the donuts reminded me of your run-of-the-mill grocery store glazed donut, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
The cinnamon rolls were big w/a cinnamon spiced frosting, the chocolate croissants were flaky and buttery and sweet w/just the right amount of dark chocolate to balance it out, and the lemon bars were so good! Sometimes lemon bars just taste....not right, but these were creamy and lemony and sweet w/a great shortbread crust and dusting of powdered sugar. I'm now hopeful and excited about having this bakery just a few minutes away again!


So sorry about the lack of pictures lately, I get so excited that I forget to take a picture or I can't find the camera. I'm going to try to do better w/the next posts!

Also, I realize I posted 3 times today, but I promise that these visits were NOT close together, I just finally got a minute to sit down and write about them!

1 comment:

Macdonalds said...

RubySnap should be next on your list! I think you will fall in love! They let you sample any cookie you wants you aren't stuck hoping it tastes good. Judy is my favorite.