Goody GumDrops

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

DQ

I had to post about this because so far, it's my favorite ice cream treat, and with it being summer, we ALL are into ice cream, right?
It's the Midnight Truffle Blizzard at Dairy Queen, and it's a chocolate lover's heaven. Vanilla soft serve, mixed with fudge so it's chocolate ice cream, with fudge swirls and truffle pieces throughout. It makes my mouth happy, even if I do have to exercise a little extra to eat it. I think I crave it more than once a week, but I don't give in, luckily for my waistline.

I'm really interested in gelato, I've never had it before and heard it's super yummy, and since we moved I've found 2 shops pretty close to us and I can't wait to try them out to find out which one's best. Stay tuned.

Let me know what your favorite ice cream treat is and where you got it, and maybe some suggestions of places to check out for ice cream/gelato/frozen custard (mmm, Nielson's Frozen Custard!)

3 comments:

FitNotQuitJess said...

Well, ice cream isn't really a BAKED good but is AMAZING! TOTALLY agree with the DQ, best ice cream. LOVE their ice cream cakes!

Jer and Jules said...

True, but I figured it's a tasty treat, so it belongs in the blog on occasion. I can make my own rules up, right?

Josh and Erika Thorne Family said...

Cute blog Jules, Way to go!