Goody GumDrops

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Cupcake Chic

So I've been on a break from stopping at The Cocoa Bean. It was becoming a bad habit, once or twice a week when I'd go to Utah County w/my husband. While he went to class I'd get a cupcake and a yummy drink and walk around the mall w/my baby. Lately I've just gone to the mall. The last time I went, I looked at the directory and the name of a shop caught my eye. Cupcake Chic, located outside the mall. This peaked my interest and I had to find it, so right before we were on our way to pick my husband up from school, I drove around the mall to find the cupcake shop. It's on the North side of the mall, East of Costco and right by Pirate Island. I didn't get anything that time, just wanted to know where it was for next time. Next time was this past Thursday, and I went in and got a cupcake. It was better than the Cocoa Bean. I got the Chocolate cupcake and I could tell it was good, quality ingredients. It was fudgy and delicious. The frosting was awesome, super creamy and chocolatey and rich. I'm excited to go back and try another flavor! The only downside is that, strangely, I would go out of my way for the Cocoa Bean because of the drinks, but I wouldn't make a trip just for a cupcake at this place, even though it was awesome. Maybe if I had someone to come along (besides my baby) it would be a different story. I've heard of people going on cupcake/cookie tours/hopping (instead of bar hopping), seems like fun if you have a group of similarly-minded people. Maybe this is one of those times when a biological sister would come in handy?
I've rambled, so I'll end now.
If you're ever in Orem doing something, go check out Cupcake Chic. It's delicious!

1 comment:

M3MU said...

Ok.. I'm gonna have to head up there and check it out and I totally agree that it'd be fun to get a group together and do 'bar hopping' excursion sans the achly and with the sugar! :)