Goody GumDrops

Monday, April 18, 2011

San Gelato Cafe

I recently went to the San Gelato Cafe w/a couple ladies in my ward for a belated birthday outing.
I really like this shop, it's cozy and comfortable when you walk in, and the display of gelato is big and pretty. They have a variety of cafe food, along with the desserts.
We each got hot cocoa (it was snowing, on April 13, ridiculous) and shared a napoleon (it was huge, there's no way any of us could eat one on our own!)
It was really good! The cocoa had a bold, creamy chocolate taste (even though I got it w/skim milk) and was the perfect temperature. The napoleon's pastry layers were crisp and the cream wasn't overpowering-the ratios were just right I think. My only complaint was that it was hard to eat- but that's the case w/any napoleon. The last time I had one, the pastry layers were soggy and there was WAY too much cream filling, so I was pleased with the version here.
Last summer, my husband and I went to there for gelato. I tried it at another place as well and I think San Gelato was better. So far they have better pastries and gelato than other places I've tried. I need to go back and try their cannoli, it looked delicious!

No comments: